TITLE: Director of Program Development
REPORTS TO: Executive Director and CEO
SUMMARY: Develop new channels of delivery for SPEA’s proven youth suicide prevention program that will enable continued, organic growth of our existing model, and provide for exponential growth in new demographic and geographic areas. Engage and empower youth directly in the design and dissemination of SPEA’s educational message. New models could include distance learning, social media campaigns and web-based media presentations, contests, awareness and fundraising walks that have an educational component. Oversee existing program, Recognizing Teen Depression and Preventing Suicide, and supervise Instructors.
Master’s Degree in educational/instructional technology, or related field.
Minimum of three years administrative experience including management responsibility for staff, budgeting, program planning and assessment.
Experience in distance education delivery and development; and knowledge of distance education course design and teaching strategies.
Proficient in Microsoft Office products: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook.
Experience with Adobe programs (InDesign, Illustrator, Acrobat) is a plus.
Strong organizational skills, analytical and systems skills and a keen attention to detail.
Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
Ability to plan, meet deadlines, and manage competing priorities.
Ability to effectively build and manage processes, tools and systems.
Outstanding verbal, written and inter-personal communication skills.
Maturity and reliability.
Mobile apps experience. Knowledge of mental health. Experience in use of the Internet as a marketing channel. Proficiency and understanding of HTML and CSS and the ability to contribute other web elements beyond text. Exceptionally strong writing skills, especially for digital media. Knowledge of web publishing, search engine marketing, social media tactics, and related industry metrics.
- Provide leadership in the development of new and scalable models of the Recognizing Teen Depression and Preventing Suicide program.
- Work with distance learning school (OHDELA) to convert existing curriculum to distance learning format.
- Develop and implement distance learning/e-Learning programs.
- Develop web-based media presentation to supplement in-person classroom instruction.
- Provide staff support to Youth Advisory Board.
- With Youth Advisory Board, develop social media platform to disseminate educational content.
- Oversee existing program, Recognizing Teen Depression and Preventing Suicide. Supervise Instructors, update curriculum as needed, and produce new program materials, as needed. Coordinate Instructor monthly meetings and in-service training.
- Incrementally grow existing school program. Market program to schools.
- Assist Executive Director in recruitment and selection of new Instructors.
- Coordinate training of new Instructors.
- Look for and willingly accept other duties.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.